Your new home is closer than you think with Help to Buy
If you dream of becoming a home owner this year, the opportunity to move into your very own brand new property could be closer than you think. The Government’s Help to Buy scheme eases the transition to home ownership and you could secure your dream property with just a 5% deposit.
How the Help to Buy Equity Loan works:
The Help to Buy Equity Loan qualifies those who are eligible to buy a newly built home, worth up to £600,000, with just a 5% deposit. The Government then supplements this by loaning you up to 20% of the purchase price, giving you a potential deposit totalling 25%. You can then apply for a mortgage of 75%* to make up the full purchase price of the property.
*Note: Individual circumstances apply, dependent on your income and expenditure.
See our representative example based on a home value of £300,000:
Repaying the Help to Buy loan:
Under the terms of the loan agreement, you are expected to repay in full, dependent on which of the following scenarios comes first: a) after 25 years, b) at the end of your mortgage term, or c) when you sell your home.
Also, by loaning you 20% towards your deposit, the Government is in effect investing 20% equity in your property. So, while you own 100% of the property, they are entitled to a stake in the profit should you opt to sell; in other words, if your property value goes up, you repay more, but if it goes down, you pay less.
Our available properties with Help to Buy
We have many properties to purchase with Help to Buy available. If you would like to book a one-to-one appointment and find out more about any of these homes, please contact our dedicated New Homes Department today on 019030 228 606.
– Prices from £155,000
– One and two bedroom apartments with parking
– Situated on The Boulevard in Worthing
– Upper floor apartments offer fantastic, uninterrupted views towards the sea and South Downs
– Prices from £190,000
– One and two bedroom apartments
– Located in a prime central Worthing location
– Close to excellent transport links and facilities
– Prices from £315,000
– Three and four bedroom houses
– Allocated parking spaces and generous gardens
– Nestled in a pretty village between the coastline and South Downs National Park
– Prices from £269,950
– Boutique development of one and two bedroom apartments
– All with either a balcony or patio and allocated parking
– Located in Tarring, conveniently positioned within easy reach of West Worthing train station and the A27
– Prices from £345,000
– 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes and one and two bedroom apartments
– Positioned around an attractive green with a children’s play area
– Set in picturesque and idyllic Angmering Village and well placed to enjoy everything West Sussex has to offer
Help to Buy Equity Loan eligibility
First-time buyers and existing homeowners looking to make a move are both eligible. Bear in mind though, that there are certain restrictions in place to ensure that those who really need the help most are those catered for:
– The home must be a brand-new build
– The price tag cannot be more than £600,000 (England only)
– You cannot sub-let or rent out the property
– It must be your only property, not as a second home
Content accurate at time of publishing.