Spring – traditionally the best time to sell your home
Spring is finally here and now is officially the best time of year to get your property on the market and start selling, as we start seeing the traditional increase in property activity occurring around this time of year.
Interestingly this has been further backed up by a recent study carried out by Exeter University and featured in the Sunday Times that confirmed from mid-March into April and onwards is the prime time to put your property on the market to achieve the best possible price and outcome – something us local estate agents have known and been saying for years!
It’s no secret that as Spring bursts into life, rewards are reaped on the housing market, as potential buyers come out of winter hibernation and are ready to start visiting properties in person.
We find out what fuels this seasonal trend:
- The financial pressures left over from the festive season have reduced by this time of year and people come out of hibernation.
- As the weather improves, people are more willing to spend time away from the comfort of their homes and venture out to explore the areas they are thinking of moving to.
- Gardens come into bloom, so houses with gardens, patios and outside space look at their most presentable to potential buyers.
- Nights are longer and people are claiming back their evenings. Suddenly there’s almost twice as much time for viewing properties outside of traditional working hours.
- The summer season is just beyond the horizon so family holidays and time off work have not yet become a distraction.
- The pool of people looking to buy is bigger at this time of year as not only are there more potential buyers, people also feel more pressure to put in an offer to avoid losing their perfect home to another buyer.
If you are looking to get your property on the market at the beginning of this busy selling season our dedicated and experienced team will be happy to help you. Plus, with our database of thousands of potential buyers looking for a property like yours, it won’t be on the market for long.
Contact your local branch today or call 01903 213 111 to speak with one of our friendly team.
Content accurate at time of publishing.